Re: tents and campers

Glenn Foster wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen or heard of a "tent" that would go on the pickup bed ?

We were getting ready to make our own. We figured a large car tarp and four
pieces of wood about 4 foot long. Pop each piece of wood into the slots in the
side of the bed, and stretch the tarp over the top down to the ground, then peg

into the ground the same way you would a tent.

I'm guessing the materials for all this might set me back $25 at a push?

In a brief ambitious flurry, I considered sewing a piece of mosquito netting
to the inside, so you could flop the tarp back and have a bug screen hanging
down, but I think we'll see how the whole thing works to begin with and add
"accessories" as we go along.
--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Displaced English person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse, who got to go on her first trail ride ever this weekend,
and behaved impeccably!