Re: apprenticeship

Hi Ann,  your apprenticeship concept is the basis of our training
program here at the Cascade Training Center in Oregon.  Although most of
us have been-there-and-done-that, a first-time 100 miler on a novice
horse is sometimes kinda rough.

So we meet folks at races around the country and take them through their
first 50, 100 or multiday on one of our seasoned endurance horses.  We
also provide a riding coach to go with them and a crew, living quarters,
food, etc.

Our primary training goal is to give riders hands-on experience that can
be transferred to their horse back-home.

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud
Cascade Endurance Center
Lyons, Oregon