Re: apprenticeship

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull wrote:

> I can still see wearing an "INEXPERIENCED HORSE"
> bib would be helpful, if you weren't quite sure how your horse was going
> to react to the whole endurance thing.

Here inthe MId Atlantic, I've always seen ribbons to help sort out the
horse's experience or proclivities.
Red = Kicker/biter
Yellow = Stallion
Green = Green Horse/Novice

Just braid the ribbon into the tail!

When I first startedendurance (late 70's), I only found out about the
rides thru riders, who would then "sponsor" me and coach me.  I'm not
sure that I'd have ever finished without them!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV