Re: Respect

No matter what mileage you do, 25's, 50's, 100's, multi-days, repect is a
personal item.  It is something that is earned.  If you go out and ride a 25
sensibly, with the best for your horse in mind, learn from your mistakes,
ask for help or advise from those who have done more miles, and basicly go
to have fun, people will respect that.  If you arrive at camp with an
arrogant attitude that says "We're pretty hot stuff" and "We're going to
Kick Butt! and win at any cost", showing no regard for others on the trail,
authorities at vet checks or in camp, and think that speed is all this game
entails, then "No", some of you probably never will get any respect in this
game, at any distance.  These "guidelines" encompass those who ride at every
mileage, not just limited distance, believe me, we all know people at every
distance that we wish didn't represent this sport.  I personally have done
50's, 100's and last year only limited distance, I go to have fun meet new
people, see new country, and to enjoy a day with somne of my best friends,
my horse included. As Sandy said earlier.. The GLORY is in the completion
and for us in the doing...something that few others have accomplished or
even tried.

"Soapbox Mode Off":-)
Anne & the horses
(Dyskrete, Stuffy, Hadia and Tifla)

Jim & his good stuff
(Vintage Yellowstone Park Buses, parts and NOS)