National Rider Development Program

Linda, did you hear that the AERC International Committee and AERC Board
of Directors approved the creation of a National Rider Development
Program?

This educational concept is based on delivering regional seminars
throughout the United States, and maybe Canada.  There is also a plan to
explore week-long training camps and preconference seminars at major
organizational meetings like AHSA, IAHA, etc.

The Board also approved $1,000 for initial development and a full budget
will be presented at the mid-year Board meeting.  The really exciting
news is that we have already received offers of more than $5,000 in cash
and services, the endorcement of AHSA and a tentative offer of $10,000
from USET to support the advanced training componet proposed by the
Active Riders Committee.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud
Cascade Endurance Center