Re: Is this allowed?

Riders always have the option to pull their entry at any check without
asking permission.  Only requirement is to notify the in-timer that you
are pulling and turn in the vet card so that management knows what is
happening.  Also,  responsibility for his or her mount is the rider's.
A person ought to know the horse well enough to make a decision to quit
if that becomes necessary.  That's what "rider option" means.   I guess
that management would prefer this type of pull rather than one that was
forced and resulted in a horse needing treatment.

I definitely did not mean that I would have run my horse until he
required a rescue trailer before deciding that we should stop!

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia
benamil@juno.com

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:59:12 -0800 Lucy Chaplin Trumbull
<elsie@calweb.com> writes:
>David Bennett wrote:
>>
>> ...I reached the conclusion that I would have done just as well to
>> start a 50 at those rides and quit if I felt my horse needed to
>stop.
>
>I wondered about doing this, if you *thought* your horse was
>ready, but weren't sure (because you'd never actually *ridden*
>50 miles on your horse).
>
>Would this be frowned upon by ride management "taking up valuable
>rescue trailer space" and using up people's time? Or is it acceptable?
>--
>Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
>Displaced English person in Sacramento, CA
>
>http://www.calweb.com/~elsie
>http://www.calweb.com/~trouble

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]