Re: Next endurance prospect

Thanks Sigrid,

My dream horse is a black Arab mare, for which I know I'll have to pay far
more than I paid for Star. but the horse I wasn't sure about buying, has
turned out to be my best horsey friend. One of my friends commented that
Star has come so far and become such a good horse in a year. she said "It
is because you had faith in him."

chris paus & star

At 01:28 PM 1/9/98 -0600, iggy wrote:
>Dear Sandy
>

>Where are you going with this? Sorry you were offended, it was not ment in
>that spirit?   This is a discussion of encouraging people to compete in
>endurance events at what ever level they can, even with a low cost horse.
>and what I though was a funny story.  I don't care what any one pays for a
>horse.   Where is the threat?
>
>Cost does not NECESSARILY mean quality and performance  There is NO
>argument on this .  This is a friendly discussion about diamonds in the
>rough  (It ain't that heavy)
>
>Just neat stories about nice horses, nice people saying"I didn't spend a
>lot for my horse,  we do quite well"
>
>If the horse you want is 5000.  go for it.   If your dream horse happens to
>only be 300. go for it.
>
>As far as the comment on Horse breeders (It was a compliment) Most breeders
>we know are capable in there field and are not dependent on the support of
>any group of people.  There business dealings and breeding programs create
>the demand and success of there Breeding farms.......  I was responding to
>the person referring to "we as a group"  comment.
>
>Got to go,      Have a nice day
>
>Sigrid

****>

Which