a whole new thread -- saddles & rain

I finally got my Christmas present I ordered for myself. (My dear husband
tries, but last year got me a sewing basket instead of riding gear).

The present is a lovely Outback Campdrafter saddle that fits Star like a
glove. Finally -- the 12th saddle. My problem is El Nino. It rains here or
snows all the time. What can I do to protect the saddle. Will something
like snow seal work?

I've never worried about it before. My old appy mare once got down and
rolled in a mud and water hole in my custom barrel saddle. I just cursed
the mare and cleaned the saddle and it was fine. But what about riding in
rain>>

chris