Re: Awards Ceremony

But a fact of life is the UAE can buy and sell the FEI 1000 time over.
It can also lay claim to being the only proper host of endurance - the
sport of THE ARABIAN HORSE.

The Arab world has little respect to the western cultures - in fact they
have total distain.  I think it is wonderful that they have to deal with
a female U.S. Secertary of State.  I have had personal experience with
taking a team of engineers over to the middle east and having all kinds
of problems with how they treated the females on the team.  We were on
U.S. diplomatic pastports so we had the last say, but they were rude,
extremely rude.

This last Monday the U. S. State department issued a tourist advisory
for traveliers in many contries in the Mid East, including the UAE.
There is the expectation of more terrorist attacks.  My biggest problem
with the Arab world is they could stop the terrorist in a minute, but
they choose not to.  Not that every state is a terrorist haven, but
those that aren't just turn their heads.

So I think "international" endurance riding is at a very intersting
point.  Do the Arabs want to claim the sport as their own and buy it, or
will it remain a truly international sport?  Will the Arabs have a
championship ride in 2000 and pay the riders to come there? Will the
Arabs claim that it is a sports of the Arabians therefore a sport of the
Arabs.  I don't think we know the answers to these questions yet.  It
will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm