paying more to be single

>If it boils down to a single issue of EN and a single set of mailings
>for
>voting and so forth, can 2 or 3 individuals form a "family" for
>purposes
>of joining under the family membership,

Would one of you single fellows PLEASE marry Glenda and get her "with
child" quickly before she gets rid of the family discount before I even
have a chance to use it on my kids?

Glenda, the family discount is a bargaining tool for children.  Contrary
to popular belief, very few parents actually want their children on the
trail.  Grandparents, yes, they've got their houses paid for, but parents
no.  Randy Eiland has had to go so far as to manage ALL the rides in his
region just so he can afford for all his children to ride in them.

 If everyone would agree to charge my child full price I would not have
to worry about the fact that I'm going to probably have to do some slow
>gulp< LD'S! >gnashing of teeth< next year.  I could simply point out to
her that it's cost prohibitive and forget it. However, we've got people
like Wesley Crowe, manager of Million Pines, who refuses to even charge
juniors an entry fee and ruins that argument.  There's no way on God's
green earth that I'd pay $65 AERC membership for one child to do one LD
next year.  But, I might just pay an add-on for a family membership.

I often warn my young single riding buddies...DO NOT look for a man who
rides....that would just double your expenses.  Look for a man who can
carry water! (and stick with the individual membership...it's a trap!)

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]