GPS to calculate mileage

This is a message that I translated from Morse code after Teresa Van Hove
tapped it out on the wall of her cell where she is still exiled from
ridecamp.  Please appreciate how much trouble it was for her to do this
with her nose in the circle at all times.  I have her permission to
forward it to ridecamp.
Angie

What Truman said about blocked satellite visability by foliage et al
is true. But I work with GPS every day, in a very specialized research
mode not with hand held units, but I know how the system works. And
as a self-proclaimed GPS expert I would not trust a GPS derived mileage
measurement for a 50 unless it was on a straight flat road!  A handheld
GPS measurement is accurate to about 100 meters.  The up and down
accuracy is only about 300 meters. Thats pretty good for telling
where you are relative to a topo map, but if you are trying to get
accumulated distance you need to put in a "way point" every time your
trail bends and every way point will have 100 meters of error.  So if
anybody ever tries to tell me a trail distance is wrong based on GPS
I'll tell them to prove it with a wheel measurement.

Guess who.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]