Re: stall running

Carl made a comment about only healthy horse doing well on the track... but
I started my career with race horses because a 'trainer' (and I use this
term very loosely!) was BEATING a 2 yr old filly that he had brought in that
day! She was terrified. I won't go into the gory details, but I essentially
took the filly away from him, and when the owner (Charlie Zeib) of the filly
found out, he 'hired' (and trained) me to train this filly (Teresa's
ChiChi). The long and the short of this is, the so-called 'trainer' was
hired because his horse won. But he beat them to get them there, and they
rarely lasted more than one season! So SOME of the 'winning' horses are NOT
treated well. Although, as a rule, most of the trainers that I met REALLY
cared about their horses! :-)

Stephanie McCray
Golden, CO