Re: eavesdropping on show set

In a message dated 98-11-25 21:26:15 EST, suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<  I also went out for a pretty good 20-mile ride with my dressage
 trainer, Heather Bender, one of the top dressage
 competitors/judges/trainers in the country.  Heather kept up just fine,
 we had alot of fun and when a bluenose back at the barn made a
 disparaging remark about endurance riders, she gave her one of the
 roughest tongue-lashings I've ever heard, along the lines that anyone
 who puts down endurance as being an unskilled and barbaric sport is
 speaking out of ignorance and would be better served to keep their mouth
 shut and their eyes open.  It's nice to know that not everyone in the
 show set has the same pre-formed opinions that your lil' pumpkin does,
 so as she grows up, maybe her mind will too. >>

Good for her!  Have always maintained that there are two disciplines basic to
all other equine disciplines, and that they are dressage and endurance.  If
you understand the basics of both and utilize them in your program, your horse
will perform better at just about anything, whether you ever reach the level
of being able to compete in either "basic" discipline or not.

Heidi