No Subject

Angie wrote:
	"At the ride meeting we were told that our last 8.9 miles all was on the
road so she didn't mark it at all, there would just be a glow stick at
the turns.  I said, "did you put an arrow there for after the glow sticks
get stolen?" and she smiled.  The next night when Gail andI were groping
our way around the unmarked course, trying to figure out the map and
wondering if this was the part that was "not correct on the map", we
watched a 4-wheeler drive by with glowsticks hanging on back.  GRRRR.
Another argument for the fact that 100 milers should carry guns after
dark!!!"

	This reminds me of a ride I managed where I sent wrokers out on an ATV to
glowstick a trail at dusk--just ahead of the 100s, in an effort to avoid
this problem.  At one point they looked back and saw a cow wandering off
with a lit glostick in its mouth, and "glo goo" dribbling down its chest.
I had visions of half the 100s following "the cow of the Baskervilles" all
over the plateau, wondering why they weren't getting any closer to that
danged marker.....
 Terre