Limited Distance Bylaw Change

To:  Dr Dane Frazier, AERC President

I read with interest your President's Message in the November Endurance News.  I would like to know how many rides are circumventing the current Limited Distance requirements by holding unsanctioned rides shorter than 25 miles and what regions are these rides in.  I'm not asking for specific ride names but only for the statistics.

In the Pacific Southwest region, where I ride, I am only aware of one ride that offered a distance shorter than 25 miles and that was in conjunction with a sanctioned 30 mile ride and longer distances.

I look forward to your timely response.

Marci Cunningham  AERC #1455
Bakersfield CA
mcunningham@calcot.com