Re: Limited Distance Bylaw Change

In a message dated 98-11-06 13:17:48 EST, mcunningham@calcot.com writes:

<< In the Pacific Southwest region, where I ride, I am only aware of one ride
that offered a distance shorter than 25 miles and that was in conjunction with
a sanctioned 30 mile ride and longer distances.  >>

Likewise, here in the NW, we used to have virtually every ride doing this and
now it is down to just a few.  I think I could count them on one hand and have
fingers left over.  The problem is one that is dying on the vine anyway.  Some
of the rest of us that have gotten tired of the fights over the system are
simply not offering shorter rides in an endurance format, but rather are going
to a CTR format for the shorter rides, sanctioned by other organizations.

Heidi Smith, DVM