Re: Sports saddle - sore knees

I have a Sports Saddle, with the stirrups set back an inch and a half.  I
ordered it this way because I learned to ride English, and the info on
endurance.net/fun stuff indicated that this was recommended.  I also
ordered it with the reiner (high) front and a three inch cantle because I
felt that I needed the extra security.

Now I'm considering replacing my saddle with another SS, but with the
standard pommel and two-inch cantle, because I feel like the setup I have
now is getting in my way.  I had planned to get this one with the stirrups
set back only three-quarters of an inch.  I'm 5'5", with short legs (and
bad knees), and I definitely want my heels under my shoulders and hips.

I don't have access to other SS's to try out.  Can someone give me a handle
on the mechanics/physics of the youth cut with and without moved-back
stirrups?

Cindy Eyler
Baltimore