re: Adoption or Sale

I did not see the original post regarding this topic, but I am the executive director and cruelty investigator for a local humane society.  Since Jan. 1998, we have arrested three horse abusers, all starving their horses.  The three cases involved 18 different horses.  So far, one conviction, two to go, but one of the sets of those two were turned over by the court already - needless to say, I have been placing lots of horses lately.  We charge $400 and have a contract to keep the horse one year.  I adopted two smaller ones to 4-H kids for $200 each.  If you have been fostering the horse for the whole case and have not charged the shelter for care, we sign the horse over for free - just ask that you keep it a year.

I think anything more would be excessive.  We lose money on this, but the point is to save them and get good long term homes.

Settle down now- I know what you're thinking, but I don't think any would be endurance horses (mostly TBs and QHs)!!!!!

Laura Hayes NE - AERC #2741 (an OLDIE!!!)