Sports saddle - sore knees

I too have 'been struggling to find the perfect saddle, and have noticed that my horse definitely prefers the SportsSaddle.  However, my knees don't.

I noticed that Sports Saddle offers a youth cut option that is designed for riders under 5'3" or those that want greater freedom of movement in their stirrups.  I'm 5'6"; but was wondering if anyone had experience with this modification and what their experiences are regarding freedom of leg movement.  (My dressage saddle doesn't hurt me at all.)

Similarly, I was wondering if I could get feedback on a 1" setback on stirrup leather placement and whether the saddle felt more balanced or knees less stressed.

You can email privately at mthompso@SAMHSA.gov.
Thanks for your help.