Beet Pulp

I live in Southeastern Utah, far from a large city, but our local
Intermountain Farmer's Store (IFA) always carries beet pulp for the calves.
The bag actually has a calf and a lamb on it.

I make it in huge quantities from the pellets so I often start a new batch
soaking as soon as I feed. After the animals get used to it, they are my
buddies forever and will follow me anywhere.  I have a brahma bull and a
longhorn cow that will come up to me on the range to see if I brought beet
pulp for them.  It is a great way to feed suppliments or medications.

I've never had a problem with it unless the temps go really high in the
summer.  It rarely freezes more than the top 1/4 inch in the winter even if
you leave it out.

Joane and Herd
Price, Utah