Stensgar Mountain- First ride (real long)

GAY LYKES wrote:

>  I signed up for the 1999 ride season, even though the rides in this area
> are few and far between.  I probablly will never do a 50.

Congratulations also on your first ride.  Lynette is so right! (Lynette, your email address is goofed up, cannot email you, it gets returned) I started out on field trials and then graduated to competitive trail riding then endurance.  I NEVER in a million years thought that I would ever do 20-25 miles let alone 50 which I sort of did too.  It was really more of a mental block than anything.  Not believing that I could do it but went ahead and did it anyway.  It's fairly easy to do once you keep conditioning.  It goes faster than you think.  Try it, you'll like it!!!  Oh, and I also said I would never wear tights, but Claire Toomey told me that once I wear them I'd never go back to bluejeans.  Claire, you were so right.  Just love riding in tights.  Makes you a better rider too.  Me anyway.  Go for the gusto and try a 50 when you feel wild and crazy.  :-)