Re: AERC rules and radios

In a message dated 98-10-12 23:57:05 EDT, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< It also does not in any way restrict the use of radios,
 as it does not bar communications between rider and crew, but only
 prompting or pacing (which are physical actions, not communication).

When you say the word "prompt" I envision someone from backstage verbally
telling someone onstage what to do.  That is communication, and that is what
can be done with radios.  My Webster suggests such things under the transitive
verb "prompt" as "to move to action," "to assist," and "cue."  Although radios
can certainly be used for other things, those things can quite definitely be
done by radio communication, and hence would clearly be a violation of rule
6(k).

Heidi Smith, DVM