Re: [RC] Reins - Barbara McCrary

My favorite reins, for many years, have been the RJ08 Flat Woven Trail Reins from Long Riders Gear. They don't stretch, shrink, or get hard with sweat. They are fairly soft, yet strong, and are easily washable in a clothes washer. They come in black, brown, and 8 different stripe colors and cost $19.95. I love these! They are one piece and long enough to use as a lead or to let your horse drink out of a stream.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:27 PM
Subject: [RC] Reins

I probably know the answer to this, but thought I'd try, ha ha.  Is there any rein material that is safer for your hands, without having to wear gloves?  I used to have yacht reins, fell off, ripped one of my hands to near shreds =P  Retired those and bought some biothane reins with beta grips on them.  I came off today, and one of my hands got torn up pretty bad yet again.  It's probably impossible, but it sure would be nice.  I really don't like gloves =P  Plus, they never fit me right.  I am struggling enough trying to find some for winter wetness protection...  Thanks!
-Michelle

-- "Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"