[RC] GARMIN 310XT NEW Adapted for use on horse - Roger Rittenhouse

The new and latest GARMIN GPS+HR monitor system is on the market. The G310XT is like the G305, except it has a 20 hr run time, better GPS, easy to program many nice features AND a really small 'block' style HR transmitter.
This transmitter has snap-studs on the ends to snap-connect to a human chest belt.

To use with saddle horse, the adaption is very easy compared to the adaption kit I developed for the G301 and G305 'strip' style transmitter.

The snap studs on the back of the G310 transmitter are non-standard size. I was unable to find mating snaps. I did find a clip-snap on style of connector. It works great.

Pictures are here
http://imageevent.com/vmaxept/garmingpshradptkit.

Lead wires are in production now. If all goes well as planned, I should have the new pigtail lead wires in time for the AERC Convention.

The kit will sell for $75. Sales from Kristen Lacy of THE DISTANCE DEPOT.

Kirsten will have a few G310XT systems at the convention plus the kits. I will have a demo model with my kit.

I think this new Garmin is very much improved.
The 20 hr run time solves the issues the G305 had. It should run for all 50 miles as well as most 100 milers without a recharge.
The display has larger fonts. The display font increases in size with less data values on a screen. It has 4 user defined data screens.

My test rides indicate a fast HR update. Tracks very well and is accurate compared to the analog V-MAX monitors.
The GPS is great, found 7 or more satellites. Tracks well in the tree cover. It even found 4 satellites in the house next to a window.

I did not care for the G305, I even sold the one I had.
Most of my riding I have used the G301 with great success.

I will be getting my own G310XT later ( The demo I am using belongs to Kristen, I have to return it :) ).

If you are interested in an all-in-one system, I recommend you look at this G310XT model.
You can read about all the features at the Garmin site

Stop buy my booth at the convention.

Thanks
Roger Rittenhouse
V-MAX