[RC] Wearing the front more NOT - sherman

Title: Message
I don't know about other barefoot horse owners, but if I'm booting to keep the hoof from being exposed to too much wear, I  do protect all the hooves. However, if I'm booting because of a little rockier terrain than my horse likes barefoot, I can most often boot only the front. The soles just don't seem to be as tough in front, maybe because of the shape, some might say because of not having optimal diet, living conditions, etc. But my point is that the front only booting is not to protect the hoof/sole from wear, but sensitivity. And yes, I know that some horses may be just as or more sensitive in the rear hooves, luckily, mine is not.

Kathy