Re: [RC] publishing track logs on-line - Karen

So, I heard the XP has
forbidden anyone who does their ride from publishing
track logs.

Many of the rides are on private property and the landowners don't appreciate people they don't even know showing up to ride their bikes across their property because they downloaded the tracks from everytrail.com.  Or horses, motorcycles, whatever.  There are also people who spend a great deal of time trying to shut down these kinds of events and if they know where the trails go it will give them a lot more ability to do that.  The US Government agencies are the only ones that need to have a complete GPS track and waypoints of the trail routes, which they do.  Technology is great, but we need to use common sense sometimes or we will be speeding up the demise of the sport of endurance riding.

Karen