[RC] Don't move any differently? ( was: pulling shoes, etc.) - sherman

Title: Message
No, I sure didn't use any testing equipment to slow down and analyze the hoof movement and admit I just haven't/couldn't look closely enough to see the change in movement due to shoes and boots being used. Still, I'll use them as needed and not worry about a change in the movement as long as there is not a known problem. Ideally, I'd be able to ride all my horses totally barefoot under all conditions, but I know that just isn't going to happen.

Kathy

I am guessing that this is because she hasn't/cannot (?)?look closely enough.

Hillary Clayton, BVMS, PhD, MRCVS?at the McPhail Equine Performance Center did
a study on this with her force plates, video analysis, etc. and found that both
metal shoes and protective hoof boots change the flight phase of a horse's leg
while moving.? If I can find the reference to the study, I will forward it on.