From: Chrystal Woodhouse <Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] [Endurance Tracks] France requests change to 2008->2009

Good comments re: FEI and alternatives for Europe...however one thing that
stuck  with me from the letter to FEI from France was that "most of the
endurance riders were professionals" , so a totally different mindset than
" go out and have a great time on your best friend/backyard horse " kind
of situation. Probably "to finish is to win" not so attractive when lots
of $ is at stake!! Can you imagine a TB owner telling a jockey to go
out/take it slow/have a great time???:-) ;-)       Not that the European
way is bad...just different,and probably  a lot of that has to do with the
fact that the "average" person does not and will never own a farm/land ,
be able to afford horses