[RC] Sole Guard and more BF stuff - Roger Rittenhouse

The only way I could get the stuff to stay on the hoof was to use shoes and a
mesh OR the Luwex full mesh hoof pads. I never got it stick on a a BF hoof. He
took 10 steps and there was $30 of goop on the ground. I used this on 4 horses
without a mesh, with no luck. Way to wet here in TN to get it to stick - even
with all the hoof prep and heat.

I have used and still use a hoof hardener.. it may work  some to help toughen
the
walls/soles. I like Delta Crossapol. Sort of like Kertex but way cheaper.

I tried Hoof Armor. Lots of prep work here also. It came off in a few miles on
the BF horses.  I tried it 5 or 6 times with help from the owner/mfgr. Did not
work for us. The developer is real nice guy - great help,  well done video about
how to use the product and how to trim. Just did not work for me.

 I have to boot.

Hope to  pick up a set of Gloves this week. He has round hoofs 12.5x 12.5 mm,
they should work. At least I am going to try them. The if they do not work then
will try Renegades.
I found a BF trimmer in the Nashville area who is a Renegade rep. He  will come
to my farm to help me do the trimming and fit the boots. Going to be costly. He
has a buy back program if I have problems. He likes the way I  trimmed my MFT.
He
indicated he may only have to visit me about 3 times a year to correct some
minor
stuff. He has a clinic in March close to Cookeville Tn.  I hope to attend.

Along the BF lines, and forums... I found the best help and advice came from
horseshoes.com. The other site asked me to leave :) since I am not going to
convert to  the religion according to ??? :)
I just want to trim and ride, just the facts of how to do it is ALL I wanted.

Did I post the picture site of my trim jobs? Maybe not

http://imageevent.com/vmaxept/barefoottrims

Off to the convention in the early am

Roger R