Re: [RC] completely healthy, stop kiddin' yourself - Barbara McCrary

We are in the timber business, and I don't recall any chainsaw accidents.  Within the past year, however, we've had four employees with motorcycle injuries, major ones, that have cost us plenty, since we are self-insured (health insurance).

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] completely healthy, stop kiddin' yourself

Um, I have worked in some of the best hospitals and those are not the typical injuries we see. You mostly get drugs and the things that go along with, like stabbings and shootings. Lots of car accidents (by far the most common), not very many chainsaw injuries and I have seen one horse riding injury in 17 years. Of course I don't live in the country, so that is going to be the driving force of what you see in the ER. Unfortunately we see LOTS of child and domestic abuse. These things far outweigh any sports injuries. Skiing is probably the biggest recreational injury.
Where you live dictates what you get in the ER. I am an advocate of sports and keeping healthy, so I'll take the risk, and yes, I always wear a helmet.
Tiff-happy riding all