Re: [RC] Completely healthy? - k s swigart - Lynne Glazer

I don't think ecstasy is a good comparison, it's a recreational drug compared to the addictiveness of ones like methamphetamine, cocaine or heroin, right?

Just because you don't know of too many families that have been torn apart by horseback riding doesn't mean there are few or none.  Of course a trainer or someone who does horses full time would be more exposed to that--like board barn owners.  I have seen it myself.  Horse hoarders.  Rescue addictions.  Or just people who neglect their families needs for that of the horse.

Carrie, Kat said that people who are addicted to horses ought to be as a result MORE understanding of OTHER PEOPLE'S addictions, meaning in GENERAL.  I just shake my head in disbelief about how words are misinterpreted here.

Maybe I'm picking a nit, but I don't find it comprehensible why it is necessary to relabel threads with the poster's name to everyone at RC?  When within one reply it won't necessarily be relevant to that poster again.  When it's been me, I find it uncomfortable to be showcased in that way--maybe I'm "sensitive".

Lynne