[RC] Epona shoes - Valerie Jaques

I have been nailing Eponas on five horses.  One wore them briefly to do street work, three are wearing them for endurance, and one is wearing them to resolve lameness issues.  I like them best with the packing.  Even with the mesh, not packing them lets crap get underneath them.  I haven't had any trouble with thrush, but if you have a horse that is prone to it to begin with, you can always apply a little copper sulfate under the packing.  You have to get that from a vet.  The crystals Epona sells don't work as well, but will help.  In all cases, the horses' feet are healthy and doing just fine.  A good, solid trim is the most important component of any shoeing, so it's still important to have a competent farrier.