[RC] hi-tie - Melinda Faubel

I really like my spring-tie.  I called the company and ordered direct.  I believe Karen has a good write up/comparison on her website and blog (enduranceridestuff.com or something like that.  I get her blogs in my e-mail so I don't go there often...).

It took my horses no time at all to get used to it - the horse that ties well AND the horse that doesn't tie too well.

At Death Valley it got a real test.  The last day my Arab finally figured out she could lay down.  Looking at her laying down, taking a break made me feel really good.

It's sturdy (and heavy) and you can buy all the parts individually, very handy if you switch trailers and need new recievers!

My only dislikes have to do with the height of my trailer.  I can only mount the spring tie so high.  My 14.3 hand Arab does fine.  My 16 hand Standardbred does fine, but it makes me nervous how close her head is to the tie.  On the other hand the Standardbred is the one that is less likely to panic if something happens, AND I would have this problem with any of the hi-ties on the market because that aspect is a function of the trailer, not the product.

Good luck.
--
Check out my blog - Boots and Saddles!

www.bootsandsaddles4mel.blogspot.com