Re: [RC] ginger for horses? - Sandy Adams

yeah among other acts of abuse that are "business as usual" at these shows. There is also cutting the tail dock so as to make them carry their tails like Quarter horses in the western classes; then there is the liquid cocaine drops used to make the EYES look more...luminous; my FAVE of all time is the California halter trainer years ago who had rigged a large shower stall with a power cord and would put a few inches of water in it, lead the horse in and plug it in - BOY did those Park Horses pick up their feet!. Weighting feet, drugging, whipping.... all reasons we do not show in the Arabian circuit anymore. Our young stallion and several of our other horses over the years in open competition. No one cares if their eyes are luminous there.

BTW, use of ginger is ILLEGAL! Yet they sell it!