[RC] The Ridaholic Test - Carla Richardson

A friend of mine forwarded this to me, I'm afraid I answered yes to most of the questions!

Carla Richardson
Colorado
Many years ago, Johns Hopkins University set up a 20-question survey to be self-administered by a person who suspected that s/he might be an alcoholic. I merely changed the word "drink/drinking" to "ride/riding".

   You be the judge.

   Are you a ride-a-holic?
   -------------------------- -------------------------- -------------------------- --

   Ask yourself the following 20 questions and answer them as honestly as you can:

   Do you lose time from work due to riding?

   Is riding making your home life unhappy?

   Do you ride because you are shy with other people?

   Is riding affecting your reputation?

   Have you ever felt remorse after riding?

   Have you got into financial difficulties as a result of riding?

   Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when riding?

   Does your riding make you careless of your family's welfare?

   Has your ambition decreased since riding?

   Do you crave a ride at a definite time daily?

   Do you want a ride the next morning?

   Does riding cause you to have difficulty sleeping?

   Has your efficiency decreased since riding?

   Is riding jeopardising your job or business?

   Do you ride to escape from worries or trouble?

   Do you ride alone?

   Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of riding?

   Has your physician ever treated you for riding?

   Do you ride to build up your self-confidence?

   Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of riding?

   If you have answered YES to any one of these questions, there is a definite warning that you may be a rideaholic. If you have answered YES to any two, the chances are that you are a rideaholic. If you have answered YES to three or more, then you are definitely a rideaholic.