[RC] 4 star trailers - Cindy Collins - Kchaton

OK, ridecamp trailer gurus: Tell me if any of you own a 4 star LQ trailer and all the good and bad experiences you have had...quality, service, what you wish you'd known, what you would do differently, etc. You can post to the group or just to me: <c_collins@xxxxxxx> I would love to support a company that supports the AERC. Cindy

Hi Cindy:  I love my 4-Star.  We ordered it in 2003 after looking at every brand and model out there.  I would definitely order a 4-Star again and there isn't anything I would do differently.  What I loved best about the company is that they let you customize things exactly how you want.  They charged only for what options we got.  Whereas some other companies wanted to charge for taking stuff of that you didn't need because that was a change - hope that makes sense.

When you are comparing trailers be sure to check how things are put together along with the quality of the materials used.  Some of the aluminum on my trailer is 4 times thicker that of other trailers and it is doubled in spots so the structural integrity is much better.  And of course, you know how much I use my trailer and it's holding up exceptionally well.

One of the best options that I did with my trailer was to order the stalls smaller than most other brands have.  I got 36" stalls which are more than adequate even for the very large Arabs (I've also hauled other breeds that are larger and they fit just fine).  Having hauled in other trailers too, I actually think that my horses are more comfortable without all that extra room to flop about.  This gave me another foot and a half of room to put into the LQ part so I have a 3 horse LQ trailer that is 21 1/2 feet long but I have the equivalent LQ of what you'd find in a 24' or larger trailer.

Karen