RE: [RC] Fires in Australia - Tom Sites

Jay,  I sympathize sincerely.  In the late 90's early 2001 i posted something on RC about weather entitled "Where is Normal?"  I was met with skepticism by some and humor by others but i got a response off line from an Aussie on the list who voiced all the climate change happening in Australia with the extreme weather changes back then.  Please notice that i used the term Climate Change and not Global Warming which gets people into tangents like God and it either is or it ain't.

I've been a gardner for 40 years and worked on farms as a kid and i have seen it happen.  Those that work in offices or other avocations not dealing with weather have no idea whats going on and probabby never will until the icebergs melt and the sea levels rise to their first floor condo on the beach or Venice is totally flooded along w/ Amsterdam and other places.  Read about the droughts in China.  They are diverting the Yanzhee and Yellow Rivers their 2 largest to funnel water to areas that have not seen rain in over `100 days.  Millions of people and livestock affected.  It goes on and on.

I know.  I know.  There are those that still think me off the wall but i have seen the changes in even the bugs and ticks in my area and the time the migrating birds stop by and nest in my bamboo grove for a spell.  We never had deer ticks in this area that carry Lymes Disease but last year i bet i pulled off 50-70 of them in February because i live in the woods where the deer travel.  Horses here are now getting Lymes disease and its almost impossible to find a deer tick on them as its so small.

So i sympathize w/ you Aussies down there and honestly think...There is a Climate Change over the world.

Sincerely,
tom sites