Dawn Carrie, Texas (who doesn't come off often, but always carries granola bar wrappers)
and Bear (I would never leave Mom)
and Sundance (whatever...)

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I ALWAYS either call my husband at work or leave a written message on the kitchen table:  "Left at (time), taking (trail), riding (horse)".  We have landmark names for all of our trails and connections, so he knows exactly where I am planning to go and how long it should take to return.  I never go anywhere other than where I said I was going.  And....I always wear my helmet!  Not that it alone will save me from injury, but it's a start....

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Kinsky" <lkinsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <melanie.o@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Injured Horseman lucky to be alive!

It's a big question, what do we do when there is no cell service?

Same thing we used to do before cell service:  tell someone (family
member, park ranger station, friend, etc)  where you are going, what
route you will take, and when you will arrive home or will call to say
you have returned safely.  And stick to the schedule and route.  (I
used to leave the same info taped to my trailer at the trailhead).

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
ranch:  http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/