[RC] Jr. Ride and FEI rules - Dunn, Meghan

I believe that the age limit is 21 under FEI rules. I was going to do the ride last year and I turned 21 and was still eligible. I will turn 22  two months before the ride this year :( I do know that I am planning to take my horse to the ride as well as a couple others who will be qualified if some jrs. need some horses. Back to the FEI rules I just would like to know everyones opinion on the rule changes for this year. I do agree somewhat that you have to do a 1* and move up the ladder in order to do a 100. This helps with unexperienced people jumping in to 100s and trying to make COC time and injuring his or her horse. But then again MOST endurance people are smarter than that. But what about horses who have over 1,000 miles of 50-100 mile events. I feel like there should be some exceptions if your horse has a certain # of rides and miles. Also, I kinda think it is unfair because there are not enough FEI rides in the US for one to qualify in a timely manner. For example, I live in Oklahoma and personally have over 2,500 miles and my horse has 650 of 50-75 mile rides. I think she would be a top level competitor but my problem is the closest FEI ride is in FL! For the rules to be fair to everyone in the US I feel that there should be a certain number of FEI rides per region. That is just my two cents...

Sorry for the ranting
Meghan Dunn
Central Region