[RC] generators - Opal Perry

Ok folks.. hubby and I are making the "big move" LOL  He bought me a 1 ton used box truck to haul my little dinky 2 horse slant trailer.  The great thing about this is that the truck has already  been partly converted to a living quarters (former owner used it to haul his race car and camp in it).  It has an overhead with bed, tables etc in it, and an electrical system that they powered with a small generator.  I really don't "need" a generator, but if hubby decides to come along on a ride weekend he'll want some creature comforts during the day while I'm out on my horse.  Sooo.. any thoughts on what generator (price is an issue) that would be sufficient to run a small tv/dvd player to keep him happy?  I want something quiet, (and of course will never never never run it at night!) and it doesn't have to run AC or heaters... just maybe recharge my camera batteries and let him watch a movie.  Oh, was also thinking about power inverters instead.. any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Opal Perry