Re: [RC] Soap Star Dies - Barbara McCrary

On my first endurance ride, Castle Rock 50 in 1971, I rode some distance with Clint. This was before he went into TV.  As I remember, he was riding a pinto horse.  I distinctly remember offering to share my candy bar with him.  The embarrassing part of that was I had decided before the ride that an important item I must carry with me in my cantle pouch was a small tube of hand cream.  The hand cream leaked out and blended nicely with the candy bar, so when I offered to share the candy with Clint I realized it might taste odd.  I mentioned this to him and he graciously told me it didn't matter, and we ate it anyway.  That's all I really remember, but his name stuck with me all these years.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 5:18 PM
Subject: [RC] Soap Star Dies

And the reason this is relevant is because those of us who watched One Life to Live in those days noticed that the wall of his character's office sported a Tevis Cougar Rock Picture and at times he was seen wearing a Tevis buckle on the air which he did earn by completing Tevis..............mb

(Feb. 2) - Soap opera veteran Clint Ritchie, who for two decades starred as a plain-spoken ranch owner on 'One Life to Live,' died on Saturday just hours after getting a pacemaker implanted, a friend of that actor told Radar Online. He was 70.
The star's pal and bookkeeper, Linda Honore, said Ritchie "had been sick for awhile." He suffered a heart attack in late January, and had the pacemaker installed.
Ritchie played Clint Buchanan on the long-running ABC soap. He joined the cast in 1979 and last made an appearance in 2004. The role was recast.