Re: [RC] beet pulp - Carla Richardson

For the last two or three months, or so, the beet pulp shreds here were the same as you describe - very, very fine, they were also in a different bag, and had a different smell.  And yes, seemed to be darker and have noticeable molasses.  I was very unhappy and told the feed store that I hoped they would change back to their previous brand.  They insisted that it was the same company, same product.  It was a totally different bag and tag, and I showed them.  They continued to insist it was the same.  It wasn't.

However, now the beet pulp I just bought is the "good" kind, and the packaging from before, is back.  Maybe with the end of the processing "season" we were getting the bottom of the barrel, so to speak?

Carla Richardson
Colorado