[RC] FW: Competion Reporting - Chris Littlefield

TheHorse.com has a blog…Weird Horse News

Todays blurb is in regards of how the fashion industry is sponsoring some equestrian events followed by a link to the following:

Well, it must be that time again because the New York Times tells me Gucci and Hermès are jumping into the world of show jumping sponsorship.

For a giggle, read the description of the recent Gucci Masters competition from FashionWireDaily.com. It's not our usual sort of competition coverage, I assure you. Excerpt: "Also competing were Rodrigo Pessoa, the dashing Brazilian rider, whom, when his horse knocked off a bar on the penultimate fence, caused several women in the tony audience to shriek in dismay, and Kevin Staut, the pin-up boy of French show jumping who walked the course in a snazzy green Gucci leather bomber jacket."

Ok…the next time I am bucked or “spooked” off a horse I wish to see the following commentary:

“Chris looked absolutely amazing in her Toklat riding breeches and Ariat half chaps as she sailed through the air after her handsome Arabian gelding stopped short spooking at what appeared to be a fallen leaf (you may also insert ant pile, tree log, squirrel). Her snug yet fashionable Smoke Gray Tipperary helmet did wonders of saving her life as she hit the tree (or ground).

The “Tony” crowd would have shuddered in dismay but unfortunately Tony riding in his custom made Kanavy saddle had his own problems keeping his horse under him. Alas poor Chris had no witness to bear how stunning she looked in her apparel as she rolled from under her steeds hoofs.”

Please use an English, Aussie or Scot accent J

HAHHAHAHAHHAHA