Re: [RC] re: Bryce and wilderness - Truman Prevatt

Maryben Stover wrote:
What a dilemna, I have to agree with Joe or Truman.  Joe wins.  I think endurance rides do not have a negative impact on land.  Also, the wilderness rules are so strict that normal people cannot use the areas.
I'm a normal person. I can get to wilderness areas and so can you on horseback. There is no issue with horses on Wilderness areas. Who the Hell do you think maintains many of the trails on Wilderness areas - the BCHA using horses and mules!

The problem the AERC has is the 1964 law which forbids competitive events in Wilderness areas. Since the AERC has less an a snowball's chance he Hell changing that - it's on their plate to define a format that allows organized events - which satisfy the requirements of the law. The other option the AERC has is to keep whining about it.

If you think 5000 endurance riders are going to change the law - good luck with that and I have a bridge I would like to sell you. .

Truman.

--
“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”  Friedrich Nietzsche