[RC] Question: Getting Ready for Tevis - sherman

Title: Message
The mileage requirement is 300 endurance miles completed, of rides 50 miles or longer for the rider. There is no horse mileage requirement at this time. Here is a link to info from the Tevis site: http://www.teviscup.org/the_ride/the_ride_inline.html  Every couple of years there is a Tevis Educational Ride about a month before Tevis. You should try to do this if you are not familiar with the trail and want to get a good idea of what you'll be facing.

There is also a yahoo group, new100milers that will help you prepare for 100 mile rides.

Are you already doing endurance rides?

Kathy

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some advice. What is an good way of  getting ready to ride the 100 Tevis Cup in two years? Does anyone recommend things? What would help me and my horse to be ready? How many miles do we need to qualify for the Tevis Ride? Is 300 miles correct. 150 as horse and rider.  I do want to ride Tevis...so whatever information I can get I would be most appreciated.
Thanks!
Sarena