[RC] lunging pre ride - Tx Trigger

I think many who feel the need to lunge their horse before climbing aboard are doing it for them, not the horse.  A horse fit for a distance ride, is not going to get "tired" running in circles, and will only risk injury doing so. And for 'me' , I never want my horse goofing around, bucking, leaping, or running madly on a lunge line. If they are under my control, they are to act like a good horse, and behave. I lunge to check soundness, or for the vets at our NATRC rides. I never lunge to "exercise" them. But that is just one of my quirky opinions.   ;-)

Jonni