Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:46:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [RC] any good elyte "mixes"???
From: cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx
To: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear, Angie, that makes me cringe.  A number of years ago I had a friend come over for a cup of coffee.  I had to run out to the barn and told him the sugar was on the counter in the glass jar.  Instead he got the SALT!  I came in just as he started to drink his coffee.  He instantly spit it into the sink.  I thought, "hey, now, my coffee isn't THAT bad!"  Then he said, "salty" and I realized he got the wrong glass jar.  Oopsie!

And what is wrong with just putting a hand full of coarse salt over the horses grain?   Seems much easier to me and much more palatable for the equine.

D'Arcy