Re: [RC] any good elyte "mixes"??? - Truman Prevatt

I've seen very few horses that would not eat electrolytes mixed in their feed (in moderation of course). I am sure there are some. I routinely put salt in their feed when we have cold days. My poor darlings don't like to drink cold water. I've had the Jbrid get slightly impacted during a cold spell when I forgot the salt and he didn't drink enough. If I don't put salt over his feed and we hit the 20's for a few days (which is common in Jan and Feb) - he will not drink enough.

I also throw a little over their feed if it turns 85 degrees and I ride them with their long hair. I've never yet have one turn their noise up at the chow bucket. Most of my horses will still be eating after they have been dead for 3 days electrolytes or no.

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> [...]
If I had to take medicine, I'd much rather toss it past my tastebuds and get it over with, then enjoy my food tasting like it usually tastes. I don't like to discourage my horses from eating by putting lots of stuff in their food. *However* since 7 doesn't accept the syringe yet, what little electrolytes he's gotten have been in his food. Fortunately, he's not picky.
Angie McGhee

Come clean with a brand new shower. Click now! <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2142/fc/PnY6rw1wshBHf98VcjW9xjLlNeCvRGzSDCdTDh7SYQGyfRh4Jpmxy/>

--

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken