Re: [RC] trailer brakes - Elizabeth Walker

Same here.  Manual transmission, with over/under drive.  I normally don't have to use my brakes much, if at all, going down a hill, as I just drop it into third.  I also tend to use the gears to slow down coming in to a light.

I am thinking about getting another truck, though. Mine is a 1986, and showing its age.  Do they even make them with manual transmissions anymore?  I'd be interested in hearing from folks that trailer with automatic transmissions.  Like Carla said - what do you do going down a long hill to avoid riding the brakes?