[RC] trucks/location of trailheads - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

I attended a planning meeting for a new trails system in our area. The heart of it is a WMA which covers a large area of a local mountain. The trail heads are all on top and it's a steep haul up and scary haul down. The WMA's land does reach the valley. I mentioned to the managers that it would be really nice to have a trail head in the valley and we could climb the mountain on horseback. That had *never* crossed their mind...that our trucks might have more problems with the mountain than the horses would. I'm sure most bikes & hikers prefer access on top. Something worth remembering to bring up. I can think of several trail heads right now that I'm afraid to haul in to. They must scout them out in a jeep and never think of what it takes for us to get in there.

Angie McGhee

Angie

Solve paternity questions with expert DNA testing. Click now!